The Parrish Post

Friday, November 19, 2010

Prayer

"In God, whose word I praise, in the Lord, whose word I praise - in God I trust; I will not be afraid."  Psalm 56: 10, 11

For the first 10 days or so of bed rest I wasn't too afraid or worried about Cole being born early.  Mostly because I didn't feel bad or really anything different and I thought for sure I wasn't going into labor anytime soon.  Then this past Monday we went back to the doctor to be checked again.  (I have to go each week.)  Things were worse (my cervix was shorter) and the doctor seemed extremely concerned about me going into labor.  He gave me another medication and said they were doing everything they could do to prevent labor with me at home.  The next option was to put me in the hospital so I could be on IV's.  He said I had to come back Wednesday to be checked again and they may admit me.  I went home more anxious then I had been in the last few weeks.  I really do not want this sweet baby boy to be born yet.  I want him to stay in my womb and grow and develop.

I spent Tuesday worrying and trying to figure out just how many contractions I was having.  Tuesday night some of my sweet friends from church come over to pray for me and Cole.  It was so sweet and just what I needed.  It reminded me that the Lord is really in control of our situation.  He is knitting Cole in my womb and is not surprised that this has happened.  He can handle it.  He also knows just when this baby boy will be born and he will not be born one day earlier than the Lord wills.  The sweet prayers calmed my heart and helped me sleep. 

Wednesday morning we went to the doctor and my cervix measured longer than Monday! Praise the Lord. I was also hooked up to the monitor for a while and had no activity so the doctors agreed I could go home and come back on Monday.  I felt so much better.  All our family and friends sought the Lord for things to be just a bit better on Wednesday at the doctor and the Lord answered our prayers.  I know he will continue to answer us as we seek him through this process.

"I sought the Lord and He answered me, And delivered me from all my fears." Ps. 34:4

No comments:

Post a Comment