The Parrish Post

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Race Car Room

I've been working on Coleman's big boy room for months now.  
We took him out of the crib around February - yes when he was 3!  
He loved his crib and we loved it too but at 3 it was time to change.  

He got a race car bed.  a 3 year old boy's dream.  He loves it!  He talked about it for months; told strangers about his bed. 

It took me a while to work on the other decor in his room.  
I don't consider myself great at interior decorating.  There are much cuter rooms out there but this is what we came up with without spending too much on all new stuff. 
 




We have a picture of the 3 of us with Mater and Lightening McQueen from our Disney trip framed on his dresser.  A fun addition to the room!
 


These letters were in Cole's nursery.  My friend Anne had decorated his nursery and made these letters with navy/red/blue patterns.  I decided to re purpose them to match his new room.   So I just took some checkered paper from hobby lobby and used modge podge.  It was an inexpensive way to reuse his letters. 


The race track I got off of Amazon.  It was pretty easy to apply. The hardest part was making a race track and measuring to make sure it took up the entire length of the wall.  Cole loves it and I think it looks really good for wall decals. 


No comments:

Post a Comment