The Parrish Post

Sunday, January 19, 2014

New Year, New Hope

I've been quiet on the blog lately. 
I've just been making it through.


We made it through the Christmas season of December and now we are making it through January. 

I wouldn't have said it but in some unknown form I guess I was thinking that things would be better in January.  New year,  new hope right?  It is a new year and we do have hope but that doesn't mean things are automatically better.  I've been hit this week with deep grief on just living the rest of our lives without Nora.  I've been so focused on getting through the holidays that now I feel faced with life. 


 I was reminded this morning that God raises up the valleys and the rough ground becomes level again.  So quickly I can forget.  So thankful that the glory of the Lord will be revealed one day. 

A voice of one calling: 
"In the desert prepare the way for the Lord; 
make straight in the wilderness a highway for our God. 
Every valley shall be raised up
every mountain and hill made low;
the rough ground shall become level
the rugged places a plain. 
And the glory of the Lord will be revealed
and all mankind together will see it.
For the mouth of the Lord has spoken."

Isaiah 40:3-5

Up Next: I will share some joy in the midst of sadness moments during December & January. Lots of fun with family lately.  Lots of joy in our sweet Coleman.


No comments:

Post a Comment