The Parrish Post

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Christmas Catch- up Part 2

We decided to spend Christmas at my sister's house this year.  
My sister and I are super close.  talk every day, keep no secrets, would secretly (or not so secretly) love to be next door neighbors close. Our husbands think we're funny. 
 We think what are sisters for if not to be your best friend. 

So we had a fun, chaotic, hard, sad Christmas this year.

We went to Nora's grave before heading to Laura's house. 
We took a small white poinsettia to leave there.  

Christmas Eve Activities:

decorating some sugar cookie Christmas tree's 


Christmas eve family dinner and presents from Mimi and Grandad


Uncle Jason reading the Christmas story to the kids. 

They look calm but those were some excited kiddos going to bed!
Santa's elves had some major work to do after bedtime!

Christmas morning chaos! 










We spent the afternoon at my parents house. 

all the cousins opening stockings from Mimi and grandad

attempted to get a picture of all the cousins together.  fail.



I cried when I saw this precious ornament my mom had made for her tree.


My sister and my sister-in-law got/made me some sweet ornaments and keepsakes in memory of Nora.



It was good that we made it through our first Christmas without our daughter.  We had some joys and distractions.  Enjoyed feeling loved from all of our families and glad that it has past now. 
We'll always miss her but maybe this first one will be the hardest. 


No comments:

Post a Comment