The Parrish Post

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Sprint for the Prints

Last Saturday our family participated in the Sprint for the Prints 5K Race downtown Knoxville.

This was the first annual 5k to support the Precious Prints Project that gave us this sweet charm of Nora's thumbprint:  It's her thumbprint on one side and initials on the other.  I wear this charm everyday.  

Here is a news story about the project.



 My sweet friend and co-worker, Corinne, found a flyer for it in Starbucks and told me she was running this race in memory of Nora.  Such a sweet thing to do.  We wanted to support it as well so Ray ran and I played with Cole and watched the run ;)  duh, i'm not a runner ;)


Here is Nora's team!







Cole had a blast crossing the finish line!  He ran in with Ray and then ran in again with Grandma!






I was able to talk to the woman who started this project as well as one of the students who is very involved in keeping it in place at Children's hospital.  I was able to thank them and tell them how much I love having this special charm as a keepsake and how much they are blessing families who are grieving.





It was a beautiful, sweet morning to be able to remember and honor Nora together as a family. 

1 comment:

  1. Julie, What an awesome opportunity! You and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers over the past few weeks. xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete