The Parrish Post

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Menu Planning

I have decided to start menu planning again.  It has been a loooooonngggg  time since I have really wanted to cook anything.  Probably over a year now.  BUT now that I am at home taking care of my sweet boy I know I need to plan dinners and shop frugally.  (which has been hard for me now that there is no Publix here.)

So this week, with the help of my far away Alaskan friend Nikki, I have been inspired to get back into the kitchen and make some yummy and new dinners for us.  She gave me lots of great recipe blogs and websites.  I was salivating yesterday as I was reading the recipes and deciding on our menu.  I even made the mistake of looking at the desert recipes late last night which made me have a strong craving for chocolate and with none in the house my sweet husband had to go to McDonald's to get a chocolate sundae for me :)

How Sweet It Is
Eat Live Run
Two Peas & Their Pod
This Week for Dinner

Today was our Little Gym class which means it's grocery shopping day too.  (The nice Kroger is right beside The Little Gym) so I got everything I needed for our menu for the next week and a half.  Now I'm not doing good at coupons with Kroger yet so one day I'll be menu planning and saving more money but for now just the menu planning is happening.

Tonight:  Leftovers (since I made Ray take us out to dinner last night)
Friday:  Pizza Rolls
Saturday:  Chicken Salad on Croissants
Sunday:  Hamburger & Onion Rings
Monday:  Leftovers
Tuesday:  Enchiladas
Wednesday: Lemon Brown Sugar Chicken
Thursday:  Beans & Rice
Friday: Baked Stuffing Coated Chicken
Saturday:  I have to think about this as it will be the Carolina/Georgia football game and we will be a house divided!


1 comment:

  1. Hey Julie! I am adding you to my blog roll so that I can keep up with you and that little cutie. I'm glad to read that you and the family are settling in up in TN. I am sure the move was hard, but will be a growing and learning experience for everyone. I need to get back on the meal planning wagon as well. I don't think I have made a meal plan since January at least! haha :) Lana

    ReplyDelete