The Parrish Post

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Bed Rest Deja Vu...

My sweet sister is pregnant with twin boys and she was put on bed rest about 2 weeks ago.   So Cole and I headed up to Greenville for 3 or 4 days this past week to help out.  Laura has a 4 year old precious little girl, Kate.  I love her sooo much.  She is so energetic, fun, entertaining, and silly.  She loves princesses and drawing pictures.  She loves to play pretend.  (She did lots of pretending to be a baby and copied everything Cole was doing.)  She loves to talk.  There is not a quiet moment unless she's asleep. She loves roly poly's and we did some digging outside to find more and more and more roly poly's for her bucket.  She loves her cousin Cole and is so excited about having 2 baby brothers soon and also a little girl cousin.  I love her hugs where she wraps her feet around my waist.  I love that she crawled in my bed in the middle of the night.  I love how she sings Jesus loves Me to Cole.

I had so much fun being with them this week but let me tell you, taking care of two kids, a dog, a house, and a lady laid up on the couch is tiring!  By 2 pm every day I was exhausted!  I would sit down to read/relax and would fall asleep or I would lay down with Kate in her bed at nap time and fall asleep with her.

I told Ray how tired I was and he said, "yeah, see, it is hard taking care of someone on bed rest"  and I said, "yes, but you didn't do it with 2 kids" 
he also said.. "so are you ready for baby #2." and I quickly replied.  "No."

Taking care of two kids is definitely different than taking care of one.  I'm saying extra prayers for my friends with more than one kid.  May God give you energy every day and great rest every night.

No comments:

Post a Comment