The Parrish Post

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Lessons/Hard Work

In honor of the last week of school I thought I'd show off some of the "hard work" or "lessons" as we call it that my kids have been working on lately.

I teach a primary (3-6 yr) Montessori class so the work may be unfamiliar. .  I taught traditional kindergarten for 3 years before changing curriculum's and I really love teaching Montessori.  My education disclaimer:  I do not think that Montessori is the only/best way for kids to be taught.  I think that each child is different and that as a parent you must think and pray about what type of school is right for your child at any particular time.   I have discovered during this training that the primary Montessori curriculum is very interesting and intriguing to me.  I think it is developmentally appropriate for young children. And I was a lot less stressed this year than years before... so as a teacher, I love it. 

45 Layout

North America Map

Square of Pythagoras

Pink Tower/Brown Stair Extension


Matching Bead Stair with Numerals

Hanging Teens Board

Matching Sentences with pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment