The Parrish Post

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Back to Work

I've been back at work for 6 days now after 5 months of not working. Bed rest was no fun however I have to say I enjoyed my break from work this year.  Sometimes (lots of times) teaching can be overwhelming and stressful and that is how I felt from August - October.  I know it had to do with the new school, new coworkers, new curriculum, and new younger children. At the beginning of November I had felt like I had finally gotten into a grove when I unexpectedly had to stop working.  So of course now, after 5 months off, I am not in the grove at all.  The first 4 days were rough.  I was soooo tired and didn't have much patience. But, the last 2 days have been wonderful.  We have had really peaceful work times where I felt like a teacher again watching these sweet young children learn.  My first day back there was a large sign posted on my wall welcoming me.  It made my heart smile. 

  It was hard to leave Cole, of course.  And I cried and cried and cried on Wednesday night (the eve of my first day back).  The next morning I cried while eating my cereal before I left.  I hate to leave him every morning but I know he is being loved on by his grandma's, aunts, and all the sweet friends who are watching him while I'm working.  But every afternoon I come home to kiss this sweet face.

No comments:

Post a Comment