The Parrish Post

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Summer Travels


St. John, New Brunswick


Summer is OVER! :(  I LOVE summer (mostly because I'm a teacher and I don't have to work).  BUT this summer was so busy.  I was taking my final four classes to be trained in Montessori education.  There were long days and lots of work plus a lot of morning sickness! 
But after the classes were over we were able to do all our traveling!  I was able to go to Kentucky to visit my aunt, uncle, and cousins for a few days. 
Then we hopped on a plane to NYC to get on a cruise ship that left from the city and sailed up to Canada for 5 days.  We ended the trip with a few days in New York. 
The next weekend I went on a long plane ride up to Alaska for my best friends wedding! (and seriously I did not take one picture there but it was gorgeous!)  The trips were awesome. Here are some pictures from New York / Canada. 
On the boat: New York City in the background     

Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
Our tour guide was giving us a lesson in boy and girl lobsters!
We were able to hang out with my great friend Marie and her husband Geoff in NYC.  Marie was so sweet to take me to the Friends apartment building!  We also stopped by The Huxtables stoop from the Cosby Show.  This was my favorite part of the evening.  THANK YOU MARIE.
The rooftop of the MET


 
 

Our travels were fun but I was so glad to come home.  We have one last trip planned for this weekend (Labor Day).  My little brother is getting married in Central Park on Sunday so we are headed back to NYC for a great weekend.  I hope hurricane Earl doesn't get in our way!

1 comment:

  1. woot woot! welcome to the blog world, sister! i will have two blogs after the wedding. we can have links to each other.

    ReplyDelete